Wednesday, October 9, 2013

WHEN WILL THE WEATHER BREAK ??

   
         For those of us who live in Florida, there is one special day every year. We dream about it. We can't wait for it to come. And it happened this morning.

        It is not Christmas. It's not Thanksgiving. It's not even the Florida/Florida State game. (it comes in at number two)

        It's the first day every fall when the morning temperature falls below 70 degrees. And it happened this morning.

        I love living in Florida. But by the time September rolls around and the crowds begin to gather in "The Swamp",  I get to thinking:
       
        "When will the weather break?" 

        Summers are miserable here. It's hot and humid. Frankly, I tend to spend most of the summer indoors.

        We have our residents down here that love the hot outside weather. But I am not one of them. 

        Penny and I live for those cool fall and winter evenings, when we dine outside on our court yard, have a fire in the fire pit, and listen to some tunes on the outdoor speakers. It doesn't get any better than this.

        I have been here since 1989, coming from Indiana. As much as I miss the basketball, I never looked back.

        I wait with great anticipation for this time of year.  And it happened this morning.


       While all my old friends are digging out of snow drifts, living through blizzards, and fighting the winter colds; I am on the court yard, with a cocktail in my hands.

        It's worth the wait. And it happened this morning.




No comments:

Post a Comment