Monday, February 3, 2014

IS THIS A SIGN THAT WINTER IS OVER ??

     We love living here. No matter how cold it gets in the winter, we know that it is warmer here in Florida than most other places. 
     
     It has been an especially rough winter for all of our northern friends.

     I do some traveling in my work, and for some reason it is always to a colder climate. One November, they sent me to Alaska. But the worst trip was to Nova Scotia in the dead of a rough Canadian winter. I have never been so cold in all my life, but that's another story.   

      I thought about that yesterday afternoon. Penny and I were sitting on our courtyard enjoying our afternoon cocktail hour in the eighty degree clear day.

     We love sitting out on our courtyard watching the birds and lizards. Penny loves her plants and flowers. The entire area is filled with color. We are usually kept company by our two dogs (P.B.G.V.'s- Star and Preacher- but that's another story) 

 
     You can tell which one is the little Princess.

     We listen to tunes on the outdoor speakers, and sometime have a fire in the fire pit.




     Some Sunday afternoons, we watch as John Travolta flies over our home in one of his two jets, coming to or from his home just north of Ocala.

     But on this day we watched as something very special flew over head.
     
     Penny saw and heard them first. A flock of Canadian Geese in a full "V" formation was directly overhead. And they were headed north.

     As high as they were, you could hear their distinctive sounds as they flew along their route.

    As I stood and watched I got to thinking, 'Is this a sign that winter is over??

     We watched in amazement as the geese began to circle overhead. There must have been fifty or sixty of them. They circled for about five minutes then they reformed the 'V' shape and went on about their way.

     So my friends, don't despair. Spring is on the way. I think it has already arrived where I live.

   By the way, shortly after the geese went on their way, I heard another sound.

    As if on cue, a large jet flew overhead, Looks like John is back in the hood.

    Have a great week.



No comments:

Post a Comment